Here's a little bit more about us:
The BHF is here to Beat Heartbreak Forever. We are working towards a world free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases. By 2030, we want to see advances across the spectrum of heart and circulatory diseases; to prevent these conditions from developing and we want those with existing conditions to have better, longer lives.
About the Role:
Do you love reading? Live in your library? Run out of book clubs to join? We’re looking for enthusiastic bookworms to help price, organise and display our wide range of books as part of our retail assistant team. Create exciting and eye-catching displays, find hidden gems behind the scenes or just share your love of a good read with customers on the shop floor – it all helps raise life-saving funds that will beat heartbreak forever.
Say hello to the team:
Funding for researchers begins at your local charity shop. Now, more than ever, we are in urgent need of volunteers to enable us to continue our life saving research and help the 7.6 million people in the UK living with heart and circulatory diseases. This wouldn’t be possible without our fantastic volunteers.
Our team is welcoming and friendly, and we love meeting people from all walks of life.
Typical tasks include:
· Sharing your love of books whilst on the shop floor and restocking displays
· Keeping the book section tidy and well-organised – some light housekeeping
· Helping sort donations in the stock room – cleaning, recycling, categorising and pricing books behind the scenes
· Working on window and/or shop displays – getting creative alongside the Manager
You get a lot from volunteering too:
· A chance to work in a friendly team, make new friends & meet a diverse group
· The feel-good factor of helping the British Heart Foundation beat heartbreak forever
· The time to develop your confidence and interpersonal skills
· The ability to gain valuable retail experience to add to your CV and learn new skills
· Flexibility to fit with your lifestyle around your other commitments
· Reasonable travel reimbursed in agreement with the Manager
· 25% volunteer discount on donated goods
Please note – we are unable to accept volunteers aged under 16 and we cannot accept volunteers with unspent criminal convictions or who are subject to criminal registers/orders
We are COVID-secure, following current Government guidance. We provide sneeze screens at till-points, hand sanitiser, disinfectant and face coverings. We maintain a strict cleaning schedule and social distancing in our shops/ stores.
We’re partnered with some of the most prestigious cultural venues in Manchester.
Help Manchester Museum discover the treasures in its collection and help us unlock this information and release our collection’s potential. This is an exciting opportunity to volunteer from home with Read more…