Here's a little bit more about us:
The BHF is here to Beat Heartbreak Forever. We are working towards a world free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases. By 2030, we want to see advances across the spectrum of heart and circulatory diseases; to prevent these conditions from developing and we want those with existing conditions to have better, longer lives.
About the Role:
If you’re a keen rummager and like things to be neat and tidy, then we have a role for you – helping in our retail stock room to sort the fantastic donations we receive behind the scenes. If you love a bit of ironing, then master the steamer and watch those wrinkles disappear (it’s surprisingly therapeutic!) or become a tagging extraordinaire, allowing customers to understand what item they are purchasing.
Whether you’re a lover of vintage clothing, films, books, vinyl records or stunning jewellery – or perhaps you just fancy the company of other friendly volunteers away from the shop floor whilst making a difference – our retail stock room role is the place to be behind the scenes.
Say hello to the team:
Funding for researchers begins at your local charity shop. Now, more than ever, we are in urgent need of volunteers to enable us to continue our life saving research and help the 7.6 million people in the UK living with heart and circulatory diseases. This wouldn’t be possible without our fantastic volunteers.
Our team is welcoming and friendly, and we love meeting people from all walks of life.
Typical tasks include:
· Sorting out donated items and preparing them for sale
· Using a clothes steamer and tagging price labels on to clothing items
· Identifying unsaleable donations for recycling
· Keeping the sort room organised and tidy
· Looking after a certain department based on your interests alongside paid staff
· Acting as an ambassador for the British Heart Foundation
You get a lot from volunteering too:
· A chance to work in a friendly team, make new friends & meet a diverse group
· The feel-good factor of helping the British Heart Foundation beat heartbreak forever
· The time to develop your confidence and interpersonal skills
· The ability to gain valuable retail experience to add to your CV and learn new skills
· Flexibility to fit with your lifestyle around your other commitments
· Reasonable travel reimbursed in agreement with the Manager
· 25% volunteer discount on donated goods
Please note – we are unable to accept volunteers aged under 16 and we cannot accept volunteers with unspent criminal convictions or who are subject to criminal registers/orders
We’re partnered with some of the most prestigious cultural venues in Manchester.
Help Manchester Museum discover the treasures in its collection and help us unlock this information and release our collection’s potential. This is an exciting opportunity to volunteer from home with Read more…